Thursday, April 26, 2007

Rediscover Desktop Icons

Make all your favorite desktop icons magically reappear.

If you've recently installed or upgraded to Windows XP, you may be wondering where those familiar desktop icons went.

You know, the icons you've come to cherish and love:
My Computer, My Network Places, Internet Explorer, Recycle Bin, and My Documents.

The icons didn't go anywhere. They're waiting for you to unleash them from their secret hiding spot.

Here's how to place the regular icons back on the desktop.

1. Right-click the desktop and choose Properties to launch the Display Properties.
2. Select the Desktop tab under Display Properties.
3. On the Desktop tab, click the button marked "Customize Desktop" to launch the Desktop Items dialog box.

Now you can select from your favorite icons of Windows past.
You can choose from My Computer, My Network Places, Internet Explorer, Recycle Bin, and My Documents.

No comments: