Any user can change my Taskbar settings in no time at all. You can prevent all changes to the Taskbar with just one instruction in the registry. First ensure that the Taskbar is locked.
- Right click on the Taskbar, select "Lock the Taskbar".
- Click on "Start/Run", type "regedit", Click on "OK".
- In the Registry Editor, navigate to the key
- Click on "Edit\New\DWORD-Value" and create an entry with the name "Lock Taskbar".
- Double "Lock Taskbar" to open it and set the "Value" to "1". This deactivates the context "Lock the Taskbar" command. Close the Registry Editor.
- Right click on the Taskbar. The "Lock the Taskbar". command will appear greyed out.
- To revert back to the old state, set the value of "Lock Taskbar" to "0"