Here is the Tip :
The splash screen that you normally see during the boot up process hides details such as what files are loaded as the computer boots, what version of Windows XP you currently have, information about the system data, file system check, and lots more. You may want to view this information out of curiosity or for troubleshooting boot up problems. To disable the splash screen in Widows Xp, follow these steps :
- Right click on "My Computer" and then click on "Properties".
- Click on the "Advanced" tab and then click on the "Settings" button under "Startup and Recovery.
- In the "System Startup" area, click on "Edit".
- After the /fastdetect entry under [operating systems], add a space and /SOS.
- It should look something like this,
timeout = 3
multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS="Microsoft Windows XP Professional"/fastdetect/SOS
- Then click on "File" and "Save".
- Click on "OK" to apply the settings and close the System Properties dialog box.
- Restart the computer and the flash screen will be gone.